Bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow there'll be sun. I always love when I receive requests for cookies that I've never made before. It's been a long time since I've seen the movie "Annie". But I remember the main parts of the movie to make the cookies.
I used this Ecko girl cookie cutter to create Annie, found on Ebay. I cut off her pig tails before baking (shown in photo). I started by piping and flooding the white collar and arm band detail. Once dried, I piped and flooded the red dress. I allowed the dress to dry over night. The next day, I added flesh toned legs, arms, and face. I added the button and waist sash detail. I piped white socks and black shoes on once the flesh toned icing was dry. For Annie's hair to achieve highlighted look, I used orange and red icing and swirled them together. I used pink luster dust to make her cheeks rosy. Final touch was to pipe on black eyes and a red smile.
For Annie's dog, I used a cookie cutter similar to this one. I piped and filled the dog with brown icing that was a bit thicker than flood-type icing. I used a 1 inch flat paint brush and pounced it in the icing to create fur texture. Once that layer of icing had dried, I added more in a few spots and repeated the same technique. Finally I added eyes, nose and ear.
I used this plaque for the "The sun will come out tomorrow" cookie. I started out by piping and flooding the plaque white and letting it dry. I used my Silhouette to create a sun stencil. I purchased this shape and cut of the sun. I laid the stencil on top of the dried cookie and sprayed it with yellow color mist. Then I piped the words on with black icing. The final touch was piping a yellow border on the cookie.
The dress cookie cutter is from here. I started out by piping and flooding the white collar and sleeves. Once those two sections were dry, I piped and flooded the dress with red icing. I allowed the red icing to dry overnight and then added the white buttons and sash at the waist.
For the taxis, I used the car cookie cutter from this set. I drew in the wheels and windows with a food coloring marker. Then I piped over them with light blue and black icing. Once those sections had dried I piped and flooded the taxi yellow. Then I added a black line and the word "TAXI". The final touches were yellow hubcaps, fenders and a light grey bumper.