I've explained in previous post about my connections to Día de los Muertos. In the past while researching Day of the Dead designs I notice and it wasn't just skulls. I knew that with all the colors and intricate designs this would make a pretty awesome looking unicorn.
I used the same large unicorn I used to create the subway art unicorns. I wanted to use a larger unicorn that had plenty of space for the the designs I wanted to incorporate. I piped and flooded the cookie white. Next, I placed six royal icing flowers on it. Then I just started piping random designs of hearts, webs, and filigree. I piped some dots and liked how they looked so I covered most of the cookie with them. The dots gave the unicorn more of henna look. The unicorn ended up being a combination of the two.