I've never done a product review before but there is a first time for everything. I'm not being paid to give this review. I purchased this product on my own and wanted to tell you about it.
These are Sweet Elite pattern sheets. I purchased the Christmas set here for my holiday creations. The set comes with twelve different sheet patterns to create royal icing transfers. These royal icing transfers speed up cookie decorating tremendously. The sheets are made out of food grade material.
What I Liked:
- The price is $8.99 before taxes and shipping. Not bad for a product that can be reused numerous time.
- The set contains a lot of designs and many could be used after Christmas for winter-themed cookies. The other sets available look like they could be used for many different projects too.
- Each sheet lists color suggestions and step-by-step directions with what tip size to use, helpful for beginners.
- There are tips, a royal icing recipe and icing consistency information included.
- Each sheet has holes punched on the side so you can store them in a three-ring binder.
- Many of the designs come in two sizes: smaller and medium size. This is nice if you are making a variety of cookies.
- With the sheets being clear, you can place the sheet on top of your cookies to see if the transfer is going to be the correct proportion.
- The image is printed on the sheet. There is no need to place wax paper over the sheet.
- This is a great way to use up left-over royal icing but can be used with fondant and chocolate too.
- The transfers come off extremely easy. You can see the photo I have of the snowflakes. I knew the snowflakes were delicate and could break as I tried to remove them from the sheet. They popped right off.
What I Didn't Like: Not very many things that I didn't like.
- You need to make sure you are working on a light surface. If your counter tops are dark, it would be hard to see the images. You can place a sheet of white paper behind each sheet.
- Some of the designs are pretty intricate. Some of my left-over icing was in tip-less bags, which made piping the smaller areas difficult.
- Once you put the icing down, don't move the sheet. You can adhere them to something more stable. I didn't adhere mine at all and they turned out fine.
- If your making a bunch of transfers, the sheets can take up a lot of space.
- Some of the more intricate designs would require special storage to avoid breakage if not used immediately.
Overall I think this is a great product. Transfers can be made ahead of time and stored until they are needed. There are four different design packages available right now and more on the way. I saw a flower and leaf set not available yet that would be amazing. If you want to speed up your holiday decorating process, I would pick up a set of Sweet Elite's pattern sheets.