Last weekend with all the Super Bowl hype going on, I made some cookies for a local chiropractic center that was celebrating its 10th anniversary. I love being able to work with local businesses. The Prescott community is always so wonderful. This order was the second time that I made gluten free cookies. I'm always nervous when I make gluten free items because I never know how they are going to turn out. I used King Arthur gluten free flour. I purchased the measure-for-measure kind (you don't need to change your recipe proportions) and it worked perfectly. I stamped the back of the cookies with GF to differentiate the gluten free from the regular cookies.
Replicating a logo can be challenging. I was very lucky this time that the most difficult thing about Synergy's logo was the writing. For the logo cookie, I combined a circle with one of these rectangles. I piped the grey word "Synergy", but the orange "Wellness Center" was really small. I didn't want the piping to get sloppy so I used an orange food coloring marker to write Wellness Center. I always worry when I use food coloring markers that clients will think that I cheated and took the easy way out. I just went with it this time and I'm very happy with how it turned out.
Synergy wanted a cookie that said "10th anniversary". I knew that I would put it on some kind of plaque, but didn't knew exactly which one. When I went to Synergy's website to reference their logo, I saw that they had a banner with 10th anniversary next to their logo. The light bulb went off in my head that I should replicate that on a cookie. The banner cutter came from this set. I piped and flooded it orange to match the banner on the website. Once dry, I airbrushed polka dots on the banners and then piped the wording on.
I couldn't make cookies for a chiropractic center and not make spine cookies. I was most excited about making these cookies. I used this rectangle cutter (3x5 inches). When I cut out the rectangle, I cut it in half to make two small rectangles. I went with a green background to contrast all the orange in the other cookies. I used this piece of clip art as my guide for piping the spine. I piped two lines and had small dots coming off the lines. This created a majority of the spine. The neck was most difficult part of the spine. I think many of the spines were not anatomically correct. They either had way to many or few vertebrae. Once the spines dried, I used black food coloring to paint on the details.